Our vision is to “Transform Newgen from a national player to a Global Software Products, Solutions and Services Brand, and earn worldwide respect for Newgen Intellectual Property”.
Our Human Resource philosophy derives from the vision of the company, and our HR practices are aligned to ensure and enable us to achieve our mission of “enabling organizations to continually improve their business processes to achieve agility and cost effectiveness through innovative software products, solutions and services.”
HR at Newgen has been entrusted with a unique responsibility to create an intellectually stimulating work environment, which would ensure that employees get the right kind of atmosphere to put in their best efforts.
Our goal is to provide “high-quality, flexible, agile and speedy service and responses to employees
Our mission for HR is to:
- Provide comprehensive policies, systems and methods
- Create a culture, which enables all the employees to contribute creatively along with ample self-development opportunities
- Assist in achieving an appropriate balance between flexible and informal approach
- Be an enabling partner for delivering performance at every level
To ensure that we are able to deliver the above, we have introduced the “HR Rep model”, which decentralizes the HR function, and enhances the speed and accuracy of our responses. It puts HR in a more personal touch with the employees, so as to render individual care and attention. Our recruitment process is dynamic and based on organizational manpower requirements, which helps us to adapt to the constantly changing demand of skill sets and responsibilities in the technology industry.
Recruitment metrics like Cost per Hire, Time to Fill, Source Distribution, Staffing efficiency Ratio, etc., provide us an accurate picture of current costs and outcomes, establishes shared accountability between recruitment team, group and function managers, and assists in the identification and evaluation of risks.
The following initiatives taken by HR ensure that our practices are aligned to our vision and mission:
- Recruitment through networking and other cost-effective channels, thereby making a difference to the bottom-line. Our recruitment cost is 1.66% of the turnover, whereas the recruitment cost in the IT industry is 5% to 22% of company's turnover.
- Comprehensive orientation program and handholding for a new employee provides information about Newgen profile, values and culture.
- Well chalked out mentoring process, with specially trained mentors and feedback at regular intervals.
- Corporate training team, which garners input from all customers to put in place a well-defined training process. The process provides a feedback mechanism and uses various metrics to assess the effectiveness and reach of the training programs. Training involves behavioral trainings such as Self Evolution Program, skill-based trainings and on-the-job training.
- Unique performance appraisal process, which is transparent, fair and rewarding. Performance is measured through KRAs, mutually agreed upon by assessee and the immediate supervisor. The focus here is on self-appraisal, thereby promoting responsibility towards work and the organization. The appraisal process is also aligned with the vision and mission of the organization.
- Clearly defined career path and role focus, promotions based on performance and ample scope for lateral movement.
- Employee welfare activities that are aligned with the current internal/external environment and encompass Newgen Value System
At Newgen, we believe in the power of empowerment to create a sense of belongingness. Employees are encouraged to think out-of-the-box in their work assignments as well as to improve their quality of professional life. Our employee welfare programmes and activities are driven by employees themselves, under the aegis of Newgen Employee Welfare Society (NEWS). Employees are encouraged to participate and create an environment of camaraderie and joie-de-vivre, which translate into higher employee morale and satisfaction.