The business world never sleeps. The 9-to-5 desk jobs are passe. Organizations need to empower their employees by enabling them to work remotely, using their own devices. However, what holds them back is identifying the mobility initiatives that should be taken up across different lines of businesses. It is for organizations to understand that enterprise smart apps can facilitate their end-users to be available for customers across time zones and geographies. Customers can also leverage smart apps to perform a host of activities via their own devices. There’s a diversified range of Smart Apps that can transform an organization’s business ecosystem, from Sales to Delivery & Fulfillment, Operations, Finance to Human Resources.
How can various industries leverage Smart Apps
To drive revenue, accelerate overall processes, and exceed expectations of customers, business users should have real-time access to customer information. This will make it easier for users to lead productive customer communications, resulting in higher customer satisfaction. Here’s a quick rundown of smart apps for different industries that can spur business transformation and unleash greater efficiency.
Banking Smart Apps- accelerating business growth
- Customer Onboarding– Agents can initiate branchless and paperless onboarding at the customer’s doorstep. Information can be captured at the point of customer contact and initiation of eKYC processing can be done in real-time for account opening, retail loan origination, credit card issuance, and other processes.
- Self-Account Opening– Customers can initiate account opening via a simple, intuitive and easy-to-use mobile interface. They can perform a host of banking transactions anytime, anywhere, such as filling forms online, submitting e-KYC documents, and others.
- Collections Process– Agents can collect, exchange and process information in real-time. They can also pull out delinquency lists, identify fraudulent cases, fill the payment details in a hassle-free way and maintain transparency in the process.
- Customer Self-Service– Customers can update their information and corresponding documents on the fly. They can also kick off several activities, such as changing address, debit card requests, internet banking, and others.
- Agency Banking– As the name connotes, agents can perform bank operations on-the-go, including paying utility bills, opening fixed and recurring deposits, transferring funds, particularly in the remotest regions.
Insurance Smart apps- mitigating risk & enhancing profitability
- New Business– Field-sales representatives can perform preliminary activities such as customer need analysis, benefit illustration generation, financial requirement gathering, etc. to improve processing function.
- Instant Policy Issuance– Customer relationship managers can drive profitable customer behavior and instantly compare policies, access information, policy quotes, and new policy features.
- Claims Management– Customers can access their policy information, locate agents, pay premiums and apply for claims over their mobile devices. Agents can conveniently obtain claim information at field locations while investigating claims and assessing the damage.
Healthcare Smart Apps- witnessing transparency and control
- Mobile Medicare– Health plans can do away with the paper-chase, capture member information on the go and transfer the same in a central repository for real-time processing. It helps in minimizing the error-rate, improving SLA adherence in complaint tracking, minimizing member throughput time, out of many.
Government Smart Apps- reforming operations
- Audit and Inspection– Government officials can monitor field activities in real-time and update information to the central office, leading to shorter process cycle times.
- Citizen Centric services- Citizens get uninterrupted access to services, such as e-filing, certificate issuance, company registration, tax administration, etc.
Smart Apps- The Way Forward
Owing to heightened customer expectations and dynamically changing corporate environment, the difference between the physical world and the digital world is diminishing. It thus becomes a clarion-call for enterprises to switch to mobility model and smart enterprise apps and reap the benefits of being a well-connected enterprise.