With Newgen’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiative, we aim to actively contribute in the social and economic development of the less privileged children. We concentrate our efforts to raise the Human Development Index of our nation by enhancing their quality of lives.
Our objective is to make CSR a key business process for sustainable development of the society and to have an insightful business engagement with society at large.
We believe in corporate responsibility and contributing to the communities in which we operate. While being focussed on sustained financial performance, we are also aware of the necessity and importance of social stewardship. As part of our initiatives to realise our CSR vision, we seek to, inter alia, promote education, care of abandoned children and gender equality.
The CSR Committee is entrusted with the primary responsibility of formulating the CSR initiatives of the Company. We spent ₹2.48 million ₹4.88 million and ₹10.51 million in Fiscals 2015, 2016 and 2017, respectively in accordance with our CSR policy. Key highlights of our CSR initiatives in recent Fiscals include:
- Newgen Digital Discovery Pathshala (“NDDP”): The NDDP program is based on empowering children through Digital Education. We have adopted Government’s Girls’ Senior Secondary School, Harkesh Nagar, Okhla. It is currently conducting classes for 1300 children; and
- In 2006, we founded ‘Sadbhavna’ to help with the education of the children from the communities around our office in Okhla, New Delhi. Children of our support staff such as security and house-keeping are also enrolled in this program.
The concept of corporate Social Responsibility (“CSR”) has gained prominence from all avenues. Today, CSR is considered as the most responsible way of doing business for corporates. CSR is not charity or mere donations but a way of doing business as usual, while creating shared values and contributions for social and environment good. Read More…
Newgen Digital Discovery Pathshala (NDDP)
An initiative that has emanated from the vision of our MD, the digital literacy program aims at stimulating the minds of the children through the use of iPads and internet.
The NDDP program aims at transforming classroom sessions into fun–learning activities and make education more meaningful, taking the school curriculum as the baseline.
The Digital Paathshala is a fun place to learn textbook concepts digitally through iPads. Also, Newgen’s facilitators conduct sessions using methodologies like role plays, quizes, movies and presentations. Under the aegis of NDDP, Newgen has adopted Government’s Girls’ Senior Secondary School, Harkesh Nagar, Okhla. It is currently conducting classes for 1300 + children of classes 6th, 7th and 8th. Newgen has also equipped the school’s Computer lab with colorful furniture, iPads and projector.
Partnership with SOS Village
Newgen has adopted three families at the SOS Children’s Village, Surajkund, Greenfields in Faridabad and also supports another three families at SOS Children’s Village in Bhopal. Each house accommodates ten children and are looked after by a mother. Newgen volunteers occasionally visit the families and conduct fun learning activities such as arts & craft, diya painting, quizzes, quilling workshops and others.
SOS Youth Hostel
Newgen also conducts personality development and career counselling sessions in collaboration with the “I AM” organization. These sessions are conducted once a month and are addressed to the children of SOS Youth hostel and Sadbhavna Trust. And, as part of our monitoring mechanism, the organization submits an impact report of the sessions conducted during a year.
In an endeavour to ensure that the less privileged children of the society find themselves well-positioned to take on challenges of the modern day society, Newgen incepted Sadbhavna, in 2006. Sadbhavna looks at the holistic development of children, with the members offering tutorials for scholastic curriculums as well as guidance for vocational education. Newgen volunteers also assist the program facilitators and professional trainers during these sessions. And, children from the SOS Youth Hostel are also invited to attend the Sadbhavna sessions.
To foster digital literacy, classes are conducted for using iPads and using simple software tools. After a decade, “Sadbhavana” has touched many lives and empowered many children to join the right courses in college, find the right professions and jobs.
NDDP at Soami Nagar
After the successful completion of NDDP pilot run in Feb, 2017 for the students of classes 6th, 7th and 8th at Soami Nagar Model School, Newgen adopted the school in April 2017. The students are taught lessons using I-Pads, presentations and audio visuals.
NDDP at Free School under the Bridge
With a view to empower students with digital education, Newgen extended its NDDP program for the students of ‘Free School: Under the Bridge’, Yamuna Bank metro station. Our team conducts weekly sessions for students from class 6th to 11th using educational audio visuals, presentations and iPads.
Blogs & Interviews
- Enriching lives through digital education
- Working under all odds and winning!
- Corporates are re-defining the way work is done in the social sector
- Empowering kids through digital pathshala
- Interview of Ms. Priyadarshini Nigam
- CSR is a key business process for sustainable development of society
- CSR Initiatives at Newgen Software
- Newsletter January 2018 – NDDP Winter Camp – When Learning becomes Fun
- Newsletter December 2017 – Word of mouth from students of I AM sessions
- Newsletter September 2017 – Assessment Time @Soami Nagar Model School
- Newsletter August 2017 – Collection for the Calamities India is Facing
- Newsletter August 2017 – Taking NDDP to a New Level with Akshya Pratisthan
- Newsletter May 2017 – Newgen expands its SOS Family
- Newsletter April 2017 – Newgen Digital Discovery Paathshala adopts Soami Nagar Model School
- Newsletter March 2017 – “Free School Under the Bridge” is now a part of the NDDP program