Shared Service Centers (SSCs) are increasingly becoming the strategic choice of companies looking to consolidate and centralize operations across processes in order to achieve cost reductions, improve service levels and create a tighter, more efficient, enterprise-wide control environment.
Shared services could encompass all the non-core, support functions such as Finance, HR, IT, Legal, Procurement, and can also potentially expand into other support functions such as Marketing, Customer Support, Distribution and Logistics.
Challenges in Ensuring Success of SSCs
However, instituting an SSC is only half the measure towards an improved bottom line. Shared Service Centers are faced with myriad challenges, notably in the following areas:
- Constant pressure to reduce costs
- Ensure improved service quality through better customer service and a lower defect rate
- Performance tracking and management
- Reluctance to change and technology amongst employees
- Perceived training requirements
- Providing a homogenous platform for employees
How Newgen helps SSCs Succeed
Newgen has delivered BPM-based solutions to SSCs across the world. Our breadth of capabilities, ability to integrate technology with business processes and proven implementation resulting in faster ROI makes us the natural choice as your SSC partner. Our SSC offerings enable you to bring operational excellence to your shared processes for optimal service, quality and cost. Newgen enables SSCs to achieve Operational Excellence by enabling top-line growth, while constantly driving down the costs and improving the quality of operations.
Core Focus Areas
- Facilitates Standardization and Centralization of key processes across the organization
- Reduces cost of Transaction-Based processes
- Makes organizations Agile by enabling creation and modification of standardized process easily across organization
- Provides immediate process insights through monitoring, tracking and auditing tools
- Enables continuous process improvement
- Enhances Operational Efficiencies through process optimization, cost analysis and process performance metrics
- Integrates Seamlessly with existing third-party applications such as ERP and CRM
- Enables Comprehensive Capabilities for regulatory compliance